Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Still raining... although, these pictures didn't turn out so bad. The quality isn't as horrible as I thought it would be. We still need a really really good camera though.
Vintage fur coat and earrings; leggings by Forever 21; Shoes by L.E.I.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
I'm so excited, I finally got a pair of over-the-knee boots! They were all over the runway this fall, and I wanted a pair from the moment I saw the Emilio Pucci line. A pair came into the thrift store I work at and I took them home right away. (At just $4, how could I not?)
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Saturday, November 14, 2009
I just got an award from Geeky Mac Boy. Thank you so much!
The rules of this award are:
Post this award on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
Here are 15 blogs that I think are lovely:
1. A Fraction of Fashion
2. Tink In My Closet
3. Cheap Thrills
4. Fashion Distraction
5. Everything Style
7. We Were Damsels
0. Run Away From Home!
11. Trust Me, It's Paradise
12. Sex and Coffee
13. Light Silk
14. Rock and Romance
15. Say Hello, Max
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Silje at minmote.no picked me for Trendsetter of the Week!
See the full interview here.
It's a Norwegian blog, so here are the questions in English:
What is your occupation/where do you live?
I am from the suburbs of Philadelphia, PA, where I work part-time at a thrift store. I buy most of my clothes, shoes, and accessories are from there, and I love finding interesting and unique pieces that no one else has.
I am also a full time college student, studying Math.
Why did you start to blog?
I have wanted to be a model since I was twelve years old, and I've always loved art and fashion. Blogging is a way for me to model and to share my style with the world. I want to inspire people and give them new ideas and new ways to wear their clothes.
Three things in your closet you cannot live without.
Faux leather jacket from Forever 21. It goes well with most outfits. It can tone down a fancy dress or make a casual outfit a bit more chic.
Little brown booties by Blowfish. They're so cute and comfortable. Great for everyday.
Black silk robe from Victoria's Secret. When I'm at home, that's all I wear.
Descbribe your style.
What I wear depends on the way I'm feeling that day. Anything from girly to rocker to hippie to classic. I love mixing different styles and I try to be creative with my outfits, but still follow the latest trends.
What three trends will you be rocking this fall?
Leopard print, sequins, and over-the-knee boots.
And I am especially in love with the Dsquared2 Fall 09 collection. Lots of layers, leather and denim, and the casual-rocker-chic look that I adore.
What do you wear to a Christmas work party?
Last year, I wore a gray, belted sweater dress, black leggings, and a black fur coat. This year, I'll probably go for the Balmain look and wear a sequin dress with a pair of black booties.
Studded bracelets that I bought from eBay, and my small silver hoops that I wear almost everyday.
Top three favorite places to shop in your city
Thrift stores are my favorite places to shop. I love vintage clothes. They just don't make them like they used to!
I also like to shop at Forever 21 and H&M because the clothes aren't expensive, but they're still very stylish.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Thanks Amy! You're awesome, girl!
So you know the drill:
1. Remember to thank the person who nominated you! (and link to them from your blog)
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. State seven things about yourself that most people don't know.
4. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers. (and link to them too!)
5. Leave a comment on each of the lucky duckies' blogs letting them know.
7 Things you probably don't know about me:
1. For my major in college, I was trying decide between Math and Art, too very different areas of study. I ended up going with Math, but I did take a couple painting classes as electives. You can see some of my artwork here.
2. I've never been drunk, smoked, or did any sort of drugs ever. I had my first alcoholic drink the day after my 21st birthday, and I was a virgin until my wedding night. The ultimate good girl? Maybe.
3. I love football. I'm a huge Eagles fan! Even though they stink right now (Losing to the Raiders?!).
4. I hate most fruits and vegetables. I eat sooo much junk food, and I never excercise. I'm very unhealthy.
5. I never had a cavity or broke any bones, but I did have my appendix taken out in February of this year.
6. My husband and I are movie freaks. We have over 600 DVDs and counting.
7. I have an obsession with shoes, the Internet, and Marilyn Monroe.
7 Kreativ Bloggers:
1. Mint Vintage Junk - My photographer and very stylish friend
2. Fashiontoast - My motivation to start a blog
3. Jag Lever
4. I've Got a Lust For Life
6. Blue is in Fashion this Year
7. House of Harps